Saturday 11 October 2014

Eat, Sleep, Work, Repeat!


IFS 714
Internship Experiential Research
WEEK 15
06/10/2014 – 10/10/2014
British Petroleum, South Africa, Cape Town

<-->
My thought for this week: “Eat, sleep, rave (work), repeat!

We went from solid planning to counting down the days until we go live with the new BPM implementation plan. This is all good and  well. 
However, I enjoyed the somewhat free time while I had it.

From next week onward, all of us (interns, Jeanne, Sam and Regan will be full on working to complete these maps.

That is a lot of work. And non stop work as well! 
Eat, Sleep, Work, Repeat!
<-->

1. Understanding requirements


Moving forward with the new approach, I will continue to setup the Mozambique workshops. I will also, continue to map the as is processes into ARIS, and document the SOP's after the facilitation is completed.
I need to realize that I must gain more
from this experience and
not be spoon fer all the time.

2. Challenges

I expect to run into a bit of a challenge when the Fixed Assets team goes to Johannesburg. The main reason is that my comfy blanket (Jeanne) will not be there to guide me. I suppose I became so acquainted with her helping and guiding me throughout this experience - that I feel I might not cope.

2.1. Facing my challenges

I reminded myself that I allowed myself to jump in the deep end before the internship experience. I feel this is a perfect opportunity for me to get back into that line of thinking! Therefore, when Jeanne is gone for JHB, I will do my best in either facilitating (as agreed - a new map) or documenting the SOP's. 

Smiley Face Shutters T-Shirts
HAPPY VIBES!
I know I will be fine. The up side to all of this is that I already built a relationship with my stakeholders. I feel awesomeness about that.

3. "Success"

Another upside to this week!
I managed to get ARIS on my laptop again! BIG THUMBS UP! I hope that I do not run into any problems when we go live with the new BPM implementation plan.

If I do run into any problems, Rick copied all the Virtual Machine stuff onto my desktop. If need be, I can uninstall and re install the Virtual Machine  myself.

Oh, and as of today:
...And then we go live with the new approach (I actually do not know why I am excited - I won't even be part of the new approach).

I will be continuing with normal workshops. 
Oh, and I will be a roaming facilitator, helper person for Sam and Regan.

 <-->

Eat, SLEEP, Train, Repeat 

- by Gordie Adam

4. "Vision"

My aim for the upcoming week is to think like a champion. I aim for the Treasury team to complete their process maps and SOP's on time. That is a huge goal, but some of the maps are not as long.

The main map is the Purchase to Pay map that has like a million functions (Yes! I am exaggerating! But, it is a huge process!). That will be our challenge in the upcoming week.

Yellow Smiley Face T-Shirts

POSITIVE THINKING IS THE BEST WAY TO THINK!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND Y'ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment